First Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Hunterdon County Congregational Covenant
In our shared mission to nurture spiritual journeys and expand social justice, the First Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Hunterdon County seeks to foster a community of love and compassion, open and honest communication and respect for one another. Therefore, we covenant to:
- Treat others with kindness, care, dignity, and respect.
- Foster an environment of compassion, generosity, fellowship, and creativity.
- Share in the responsibilities of congregational life with our time, talent, and treasure.
- Be accountable for our words, deeds, and behaviors.
- Speak truth as we experience it and earnestly and humbly listen to all points of view.
- Be true to our ourselves on our personal journeys and
- support others on their own journeys.
- Acknowledge our uncertainty when we recognize it.
- Value differences and approach them with respect, trust, open-mindedness, curiosity, and humility.
- Acknowledge conflict and seek resolution and forgiveness.
- Endeavor to see the best in our fellow human beings, and trust in a greater good.
Simplified Sunday Service Version:
We covenant to:
- Be kind.
- Foster compassion.
- Share responsibilities.
- Be accountable.
- Speak our truth and listen to others.
- Honor our unique journeys.
- Acknowledge uncertainty.
- Value and respect differences.
- Resolve conflicts.
- Endeavor to trust in each other and in a greater good.