Religious Exploration Overview
What We Offer Through the Lifespan
We provide children, youth, young adults, and adults an opportunity to explore, reflect, and learn in a nurturing spiritual community. Unitarian Universalist religious exploration programs offer all ages:
- Ethical growth – internalizing enduring values like justice, equity, and compassion, and gaining tools to act on them in everyday life.
- Social growth – connecting with peers and people of all ages on a deeper level. Finding acceptance among people who share both similar and differing beliefs and life experiences.
- Spiritual growth – feeling a connection with the sacred within, among, and beyond us.
OUR MISSION – In Religious Exploration, we nurture the open minds, helping hands, and loving hearts of our congregation so that they may embody our Unitarian Universalist Principles.
OUR VISION – As members of the Religious Exploration ministry, we covenant to provide our congregation with:
- A faith foundation based on Unitarian Universalist Principles and Sources
- An accepting, caring community and safe environment
- Opportunities for spiritual and social awareness, in alignment with the FUUFHC mission of “Nurturing Spiritual Journeys, Expanding Social Justice”
- Encouragement towards personal growth
- Respect and support for each individual’s unique nature and development