As part of our strategic plan, the Board and the Congregational Covenant Committee (CCC) has been developing a Congregational Covenant for FUUFHC. Based on the input from the series of workshops and forums held in 2021, the CCC has created a draft covenant, which can be found on our website here. The committee is asking the congregation for feedback on the proposed covenant. When reviewing the covenant, please consider whether the proposed covenant serves you and does it serve the congregation? Please take a moment to review the covenant below and email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will hold a final congregational forum on April 10 at 11:30 am following services to synthesize and discuss any feedback we receive. Thank you for your input!
First Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Hunterdon County (FUUFHC)
Covenant of Right Relations
In our shared quest to nurture spiritual journeys and expand social justice, FUUFHC seeks to foster a community of fierce love and compassion, open and honest communication and respect for one another. Therefore, as part of the congregation, whenever we worship, work, or relate to one another, I covenant that I will do my best to:
- Treat others with kindness and care, dignity and respect
- Foster an environment of compassion, generosity, fellowship, and creativity
- Share in the responsibilities of congregational life
- Be accountable for my words, deeds, and behavior
- Speak truth as I experience it and earnestly and humbly listen to all points of view
- Be true to my chosen path although the way may twist and turn, and support others on their journeys
- Acknowledge my uncertainty when I recognize it.
- Approach disagreements with others with trust, open-mindedness, curiosity, respect, and humility.
- When conflict arises, seek to resolve it through understanding, collaboration and intentional compromise and, when necessary, request facilitation and/or mediation.
- Endeavor to trust in a shared intention that a greater good is fostered through our individual commitments to this covenant.
Simplified Sunday Service Version
- Treat other with kindness
- Foster compassion
- Share responsibilities
- Be accountable
- Speak my truth, listen to others
- Be true, support others
- Acknowledge uncertainty
- Respectfully disagree
- Resolve conflicts
- Endeavor to trust