For the first four months of the new year, we are meeting on the second Sunday to talk about our current political landscape and strategies for understanding and healing the cultural divide in our country. This is an Adult RE activity.
The discussion centers around several readings intended to help us see things from a different perspective and engage in genuine dialogue.
- The first two meetings were each attended by over 15 people. We discussed a comic version of one story from the book and part one of the book. People shared stories that informed a personal ideology.
- The third meeting is scheduled for March 12 at 1 p.m. Dodd Hall. The facilitators would like to discourage walk-ins after 1:15 p.m. Please be prepared to discuss PART TWO of the book. Additional resources (videos, articles) can be found in the Applying Moral Psych section of the book’s website.
- Pew Research Center’s Political Typology Quiz
- Author’s professional website
- OnBeing with Krista Tippett Interview
- Author’s TED Talks:
Facilitated by Timothy B. and Rev. Seth. We meet in Dodd Hall from 1–2:30 p.m. on 3/12, and 4/9. No need to RSVP, but you can contact Rev. Seth for details: email@example.com.