Equal Exchange Fundraiser
It’s never too early to be shopping for holiday gifts! The Social Justice Committee is doing a fundraiser for FUUFHC through the Equal Exchange. Equal Exchange is an organization that practices fair trade with farmers from all over the world. Our congregation will receive 40% of the money raised. Quality products range from coffee, tea, cocoa, produce and more!
How to Order
- Catalogs are available in Dodd Hall in an envelope on the Social Justice bulletin board.
- There are order forms with the catalogs.
- Please make checks payable to FUUFHC and write Equal Exchange in the memo line.
- Checks may be given to Melanie M., Jane J., or Kathleen C.
- Checks must be received by NOVEMBER 27.
- The products will be sent to Jane’s house. We will notify individuals when the products arrive and will bring them to Dodd Hall for distribution.
Any questions, please contact Melanie and Jane [e] EE@hunterdonuu.org.
For more information about Equal Exchange, please visit equalexchange.coop.
Equal Exchange’s Mission
Equal Exchange’s mission is to build long-term trade partnerships that are economically just and environmentally sound, to foster mutually beneficial relationships between farmers and consumers and to demonstrate, through our success, the contribution of worker co-operatives and Fair Trade to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable world.
For every $1.00 Equal Exchange receives through our product sales, typically 97 to 98 cents goes back out through:
- Coffee, cocoa, sugar, tea, etc. purchases from over 75 farmer co-ops around the world.
- Debt payments for our buildings and equipment.
- Shipping (over $1,000,000 every year).
- Taxes & the basic expenses born by every importer, manufacturer, or wholesaler.
Of the remaining 2 to 3 cents:
- 10% is donated to non-profits or mission-driven co-ops working to advance the Fair Trade and co-op movements.
- 35% is divided equally amongst the worker-owners, regardless of rank or seniority.
- The remaining 55% gets reinvested in the company to enable us to keep growing, the enterprise and connecting more farmers with more consumers.